Quatuor Bozzini is pleased to partner again with Gaudeamus Muziekweek for Composer’s Kitchen 2018. This composer’s residency revolving around the quartet is a combination of a workshop, laboratory, playground, and master class.
// DETAILS ON THE DEVELOPMENT PROCESS
The selected composers will have the opportunity to develop a work for string quartet across two defined periods (see below). The compositions will be read, played, assessed, analysed, worked on, played again and performed in a laboratory concert in Canada before being refreshed and reviewed prior to a final performance in the Netherlands in Fall 2018.
// FURTHER OPPORTUNITIES
- Develop the work with mentored support: the composers will be supported throughout the project by mentor composer Yannis Kyriakides.
- Get to know the quartet by engaging with their activity throughout the project: composers can have the opportunity to discuss aspects of the working life of the quartet including programming, planning tours and events, funding, marketing and audience development.
// TIMETABLE FOR THE PROJECT
- December 1, 2017 Deadline for applications
- Mid-December 2017 Interviews via Skype
- April 23-28, 2018 Composer’s Kitchen Workshop in Montreal (Period 1)
- September 3-7, 2018 Composer’s Kitchen Workshop in Utrecht (Period 2)
// SELECTION PROCESS
A selection panel will shortlist individuals for interview. Interviews will take place in mid-December 2017 via Skype.
- you must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- this must represent a significant development opportunity for you
- you must be able to invest the designated time with Quatuor Bozzini and have time to create a new 10 – 15 minute quartet for the group.
// APPLICATION PROCEDURE— deadline December 1, 2017
Applicants please follow the directions below. Note that we are accepting electronic applications only.
1. Complete the following application form (in Word or LibreOffice-www.libreoffice.org)
. Personal information
. Why would you like to become involved? (200 words MAX)
. How do you feel you would benefit from this residency? (200 words MAX)
. What areas of your practice are you keen to explore or develop? (400 words MAX)
2. Save your completed version of this form as a PDF file with a new name as follows: yourlastname_CK2018form.PDF
3. Two sound examples, .mp3 or .m4a (no .aiff or .wav accepted) files clearly labeled; if possible, one chamber music piece
4. Two scores in .PDF format, files clearly labeled
5. Your CV in .PDF format
6. ONLY if the online upload service does not work, send remaining documents to email@example.com via WeTransfer-www.wetransfer.com, or other online file transfer service.
7. As a confirmation, send a separate email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you have sent your application.
For more information, contact us at email@example.com.
// DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Friday December 1, 2017 for Canadian composers
Late applications cannot be considered
Shortlisted composers will be notified by mid-December 2017