June 3-23, 2016
Concordia University - Music Department
Molson Building, 1450 rue Guy, Montreal, QC
// Final Concerts
June 21-22, 2016
location TBD, Montreal, QC
Following our successful Performer’s Kitchen concerts and Concordia Creative Music Institute program, Concordia University and Quatuor Bozzini have come together to create a new intensive course for performers: Performer’s Kitchen Intensive. Available for university credit or for non-credit, this multi-faceted course is for performers who want to develop the creative and production skills necessary to be a successful contemporary musician.
A study, through performance, of ensemble and solo works of recent composition or based on improvisatory and collaborative practices. Students will also learn basic entrepreneurship and marketing, and be introduced to funding programs, concert production, and legal issues for artists. Participation in public performances is required. Students will be responsible for the promotion and organization of the concert performances. Students will have the opportunity to work with visual artists in the production of graphic scores, video, or interactive elements in their performances.
Each participant or ensemble should prepare one or more pieces they would like to study. Other pieces will be assigned or created during the course. All participants will create and produce their final concert, which will be assessed by peers and faculty in a discussion and report on the last day of the course.
The fee is $1500 CAD for non-credit or the applicable student tuition fees (in-province, out-of-province, international) for a 3-credit course.
We hope that you will join us for Performer’s Kitchen Intensive June 2016 and please direct any additional questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 10, 2016
// To submit your application
- fill online form (personal info)
- submit 2 examples of playing (.mp3 only - 20mb max) and related scores (.pdf only - 10mb max)
- one example must include a piece composed since 1950
- one example must include a video: applicants can submit web links (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) by copying the URL in the ‘Comments’ section available to each piece
- indicate in the ‘Comments’ section if you will take the course FOR CREDIT or FOR NON-CREDIT
- each member of an ensemble must apply separately